IX CONFERENZA DEL COLORE
First joined meeting with the COLOUR GROUP (GB)
CALL FOR PAPERS
Themes of interest of the Conference
- COLOR AND MEASUREMENT / PRODUCTION. Colorimetry, photometry and color atlas: method, theory and instrumentation.
- COLOR AND DIGITAL. Reproduction, management, digital color correction, image processing, graphics, photography, printmaking, video production, artificial vision, virtual reality.
- COLOR AND LIGHTING. Metamerism, color rendering, adaptation, color constancy, appearance, illusions, memory color and perception, color in extra-atmospheric environments, lighting design.
- COLOR AND PHYSIOLOGY. Mechanisms of vision in their experimental and theoretical aspects, deficiencies, abnormalities, clinical and biological aspects.
- COLOR AND PSYCHOLOGY. Phenomenology of color, perceptive, emotional, aesthetic and diagnostic aspects.
- COLOR AND PRODUCTS. Foods and beverages, textiles, plastics, ceramics, paints.
- COLOR AND RESTORATION. Archaeometry, painting materials, diagnostics and techniques of conservation, restoration and enhancement of cultural heritage, coloring and architectural syntax, territorial identities.
- COLOR AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT. Urban planning, plans of color, architecture.
- COLOR AND DESIGN. Furniture, design, fashion, textiles, graphics, communication, packaging, lettering, cosmetics.
- COLOR AND CULTURE. Art, history, philosophy, anthropology, sociology, aesthetics, representation and design, lexicology, semantics.
- COLOR AND EDUCATION. Pedagogy, color's didactics, aesthetic education, artistic education.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS AND PAPERS
Papers and abstracts sent by e-mail will not be accepted. For submission it is mandatory the usage of the on-line platform for the conference management EasyChair, available at the address: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=8cnc2013
Contribution may be in Italian or English (digital progeedings of the Italian and English papers will be available).
To submit abstract and/or papers it is necessary to register on the mentioned website for creating an EasyChair account or using your personal account if you are already registered. You only need to register once. For the first registration select “Signup for an account” in the first page and follow instructions. It’s important to submit complete data, filling the module with attention, especially giving valid e-mail in order to receive communications from the conference organization. If you are already registered the acronym to access the IX Conferenza del Colore is “9 CdC 2013”.
It is necessary that at least one of the authors of the accepted papers subscribe for the conference before 5 June 2013.
A selection of the English contributions will be published on a special issue of the JAIC, the journal of the International Colour Association (http://aic-colour-journal.org/) editors A. Rizzi e M. Rossi.
Abstract submission: before 8 February 2013 28 February 2013
For the submission of the sole abstract (Italian or English), log in the EasyChair system with your username and password obtained through the registration process, and chose “New Submission” from the upper menu:
1. fill the authors data and check “Corresponding Author” to receive communications from the organization (at least 1 author per paper is needed);
2. insert the title and text of your abstract (maximum of 3000 characters) in the proper space (copy/paste from others software will work);
3. chose the topic of interest that match with the final paper. Choose the topic in Italian if the final paper will be written in Italian language, otherwise choose an English topic;
4. insert at least 3 key words concerning your abstract;
5. check “Abstract Only” before pressing “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
A confirmation mail will be sent to every corresponding author to confirm that the abstract has been successfully submitted to the organization. Before 22 February 8 March the organization will communicate if the abstract have been admitted for the consecutive submission of the full paper.
Submission of the admitted papers: before 15 April 2013
Presentation may be oral or poster, authors are invited to express their preference at the beginning of the paper, the final decision however will be of the scientific committee. Papers (Italian or English), including images, graph, tables (link to the Typefaces for Symbols in Scientific Manuscripts) and bibliography need to be formatted with the downloadable format from the website www.gruppodelcolore.it in the Call for papers section (download the format for papers and extended abstracts). It is advisable to write directly in the given document or copy/pasting the text in this document using the Microsoft Word command “Paste Special” | “Not formatted text” to avoid to change margins and styles of the pre-formatted document, because the curators will not modify your format. The paper should not exceed 12 pages lenght. Digital conference proceedings on the CD's, will be with color. B/w, grayscale and color image must have a 300 dpi resolution in RGB format. The file must be in Microsoft Word 2003 .doc format (do not send .docx, .pdf, .rtf) and must be submitted with EasyChair system:
1. choose from “My Submissions” (or “Paper n°") the paper of which the abstract has been already submitted (they are numbered if more than one has been uploaded);
2. on the upper right choose “Update information”;
3. in the following page select one of the nine categories (themes) of the conference;
4. click on “Change information” at the bottom of the page;
5. in the following page, on the upper right, choose “Submit a new version”;
6. in the following page select your .doc file with the command “Browse” and then press “Submit a New Version” to send the paper.
A confirmation mail will be sent to the flagged corresponding authors to confirm the successful submitting of your paper.
Download the format for papers and extended abstracts.
Specifications for POSTER SESSIONS
Papers accepted as POSTERS will be affixed by authors during poster sessions. Dimension of the poster will be 70 cm (width) for 100 cm (height).